Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Enjoy Being .....

CAUTION: GIRLY POST AHEAD!

I've never considered myself a girly-girl. I always leaned that way but rejected the title because I thought me would make me lose IQ points. I've been trying to keep the ones I have. I was in a jock sorority in college. I couldn't even throw a ball. They made me play one softball game - the girls told me that our sorority would have to forfeit all sports if someone didn't take the field. Now, I'm pretty sure that wasn't true.

Since I've moved to Abilene, my life has changed. I got my first pedicure 18 months ago. I've never looked back! I can't go out of the house without painted toenails. And, please, let them have some kind of cutesy design on them! Jim has put dots on them and I've had flowers, so far. Next month the toenail guru of South 27th is putting coffee mugs on them! I can't wait.

Yesterday I reached another milestone - eyebrow waxing. NEVER done it before. They look great and the pain is gone this morning! It felt like a bandaid - that's on there REALLY good. I'm sure I'll continue to do it every so often. Just to keep the shape.

Eyebrow waxing - $10
Pedicure - $22
Turning into a Girly-Girly - Priceless

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm so glad you've joined the world of girly-girls Neesie!! I've always been girly, but still had a tom-boy side too. I love to play golf, basketball & softball, always have. I also love fishing & camping, which are not real girly things. But then I can be girly as they come all in the same breath! I won't take too many IQ points away from you, as long as you don't question how high mine is. =)

Tammy M. said...

Love your post. Priceless.

soul and culture said...

Yep, the mani-, pedi-, and wax are some of the best things going. That and a great massage. (NOT like the one with that freaky lady that we got for you the night before your wedding, though!)

Sarah said...

It took me a few years to embrace my girliness, as well -- not because I thought it made me appear stupid (I think I do okay on that by myself, girly or not) but because I didn't want to appear fragile. Now that I have proven myself "not fragile" (although I like to tell Troy I'm a "delicate flower") I'm great with being girly -- especially if it includes pedicures and eyebrow waxing!