Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Did He Just Say It's Time?


It's finally here! School's in session for my 3rd grader! He'll be gone for 8 hours a day! Oh yeah, he's getting a quality education. The best in Abilene or at Thomas Elementary.

Kenny reports a great first day and said he's thinking of spending the night up there. Our new teacher is young and unmarried and Kenny likes her already. Abbie wants her to meet Uncle Billy. Abbie doesn't realize how her life would change if Uncle Billy were to get married.

There are lots of papers to fill out and Kenny says he may even eat lunch there sometimes! This would make my life easier - no lunches EVERY morning. He's psyched to earn tickets for special privileges. He loved all the books in the room (many of which he'd already read.) Hurray for Ms. Kaufman!

The entire household has exhaled.

2 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Go Kenny, try the lunchroom food, it is marvelous. Sophie informed me today that the chicken sandwich she at her school was extra yummy.

Anonymous said...

Cameron also started school Tuesday. It was a bittersweet moment for me! I was very excited for her to start because I know how long she has been looking forward to it, but very sad too..to see my oldest baby start school. She is doing great though. I hope Kenny has a great year!