Friday, December 29, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Well, I've been trying VERY hard to switch over to WordPress and it just isn't working for me. I (apparently) can't import all my hard work up until this point. This has to do with me going over to the *New* Blogger. WordPress can't import with the new Beta. I did think I might cut and paste but, paste where? Blogger doesn't cooperate with me and my desire to do different stuff (fonts, headers, style.) I can't move into a new house so I want this one to change. But, I may be here awhile longer. yeah.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 11:22 PM
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
I'm feeling led to say a little something about our Christmas. Perhaps the pictures weren't enough to convey the joyfulness surrounding the day. Perhaps the pictures didn't show the wonderful presents received by all. Perhaps the pictures just weren't enough for yall to see the 10 pounds I've put on in 3 days but maybe that was intentional.
Monday, December 25, 2006
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 5:32 PM
Friday, December 22, 2006
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 6:49 AM
Monday, December 18, 2006
So, I've been trying to think of 6 weird things about me. Anne had tagged me days ago and I've been racking my brain. I'm sure there are thousands and I'm just used to them. Apparently Jim is also used to them because he couldn't think of anything either!
- I don't eat cheese. But I do eat some cheese. I especially don't like Veleeta but I'll eat Rotel made with Velveeta. I can't stand Feta, ever. When I see someone on the Food network at a cheese shop, I don't get it. I'm especially grossed out by cheese in a casserole. That's why I don't love Home Cooking mag, every recipe has cheese in it.
- I get up when the alarm goes off. I think it's weird to hit the snooze. Why not just sleep 9 more minutes?
- I have to have on mascara. And if I'm putting on mascara, I'm curling my eyelashes. I can crawl out of the bed and go to the pool but, only after I put on mascara.
- I'm cold in the winter and hot in the summer. People always assume that I'm hot-natured (in the summer) and then in the winter they assume I'm cold-natured. Nope, I'm just weird.
- I always read before going to sleep. It can be most anything but I usually have a book I'm reading. Magazines are good, too.
- I'm fanatical about being on time. I HATE to be late. If I'm supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, I have to be there then! Five minutes early is preferred.
All other odd habits are just that odd. I, too, can make up words with any tune (just ask Tia, my co-teacher.) I remember the lyrics to literally thousands of songs. My kids think I'm a penny-pincher and my husband wishes I was a penny-pincher.
There you are - 6 things you didn't want to know about me. Enjoy your pondering. Oh, and feel free to post your 6 things on your blog or even add to my list in the comments.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 5:41 PM
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
I took off work on Thursday and these are some observations:
- Starbucks isn't private. Please don't carry on private conversations on your BlueTooth. I saw (and heard) a guy talking into his computer (I Site?) - he was complaining about an employee. He named the employee and told us all that she was a problem from Day 1! He later moved next to us (yes, he discussed said employee 2 table over and we still could hear) and we were able to see his company's name. I'm thinking of calling this employee so I can get half of the money she can get from her company for talking about her in Starbucks.
- I saw a lady enrolling someone in Aflac in Starbucks (Starbucks isn't private!) - she was sitting with lots of papers and her lap top was open. In front of the lap top, she had placed a stuffed Aflac duck. It was dressed for the prom. I know I was impressed.
- At the pedicure place, just be happy they work on your feet. Don't ask for much. There is a serious language barrier. If the one lady who speaks West Texas English is there, you may ask for something special.
- There are rules to eating your way through Sam's. Go up one side and down the other - don't cross. Walk up and down another aisle so it may appear that you're buying something. Always say "Thank you," of course.
- You may not go down the hall where the classrooms are until the bell rings at 3:15. Needless to say, there is very important instruction going on at 3:10.
I've been tagged by Anne to come up with some weirdness about me. I'm not weird. I'm normal. Check back later to see if I can come up with anything.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 11:45 AM
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
I haven't written much about my adopted hometown. I love it! Abilene is just right for me. Maybe a few more stores but how many places do we need to spend money? I love the weather (yes, it's hot that's why we have air conditioning) and the scenery. What scenery? you ask. The beautiful sky that seems to go on forever. The wonderful sunsets that paint unbelievable colors. The gnarled Mesquite trees that hug the ground and grow in such foreign shapes. The cactus that covers the embankments and grows right up against fences.
Yes, Abilene is home to me. I pray I never have to leave it. I could live here the rest of my life.
That doesn't mean it doesn't have it's oddities. It does. I'm going to begin showing you picture of some of the weird things I see around town - cause there's lots of stuff!
This is a picture of a brick that hangs from a tree limb down the street from Thomas Elementary. It's about 2 feet from the ground. It's been there ever since Kenny started school there (I assume before?) and I have no idea its function. Why would you hang a brick from a tree limb? Batting practice?
Weird stuff. More to come.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 10:04 AM
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Mary Did You Know - Clay Aiken
Now I'm singing this song all the time. This version done by Clay Aiken is the one they're playing on the radio constantly!
Abbie loves to sing along - how sweet is that?
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 9:18 AM
Friday, December 08, 2006
I'm afraid if I send you over to a funnier blog, you will all abandon me. (Ok, maybe just a little insecure.) But I must send you over to Antique Mommy. She makes me laugh - often- but today's Wal-Mart story made we laugh until I cried. Check out any Tuna post she's written, too.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 11:43 AM
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Some of you know that my sweet hubby is working evening during the cotton season and we don't get to see him much. He typically works 10 hour days, 6 days a week. (I'll NEVER understand how single moms do it) This just leaves me and my two little ones to battle it out until bedtime. (I am currently in battle with Kenny over Bible Bowl homework.) Making every decision and inflicting every punishment (I mean administering all the discipline) wears me out.
I'm also convinced that my hormones are bottoming out and not jumping up into the happy zone like they're supposed to do. Our word for the day is Perimenopause. I'm pretty sure I'm living in Perimenopause and it's fun quotient is very low. I'm sleepy alot and down-in-the-dumps alot. I want to eat but only junk (NO Little Debbies may enter my house!) Mostly I want to lay in my bed with the covers over my head and wait until Jim rescues me. Poor Jim.
So, don't forsake me dear readers and friends. This too shall pass. The Shift Change will come along in its own time. God will provide.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 4:46 PM
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 8:44 PM
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Last Friday Abbie was invited to a birthday party at the Gymnastics Sports Center and both of my children had the best time playing. They stayed at the foam pit almost the entire time. (The foam pit is a large area for the gymnasts to land in when they run and jump.) Well, yall know I had to give it a try. It just looked like something I should get into to - so I did. It was very hard to get out for such a short landing. Kristi took some very incriminating video of me trying to get out (use your imagination.)
Lately that's how I've been feeling - like I'm stuck in that foam pit and can't crawl out. That foam pit is like my messy house, unpaid bills, Christmas decorating, Christmas shopping, the eternal laundry, and the stench in the broken disposal. It's the putting the kids to bed, making sure Kenny's done his Bible Bowl homework, loading the dishwasher, raking the leaves (worrying about raking the leaves,) fighting with Abbie over wardrobe choices, and trying to figure out what my father-in-law wants for Christmas.
Sorry if this is a little too honest for ya. I know some of you drop by here for a laugh and some of you haven't ever met me. But life is too short to pretend perfection and I'm too old to not show my wrinkles and warts (okay, the stretch marks are hidden.)
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 5:18 PM
Sunday, December 03, 2006
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU! BY MARIAH CAREY
I cant' get this song outta my head! I watched the movie "Love Actually" the other night and this song is featured in it. (I just found out that's it's Mariah)
May it get you in the mood for Christmas (or somthing else!)
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 5:30 PM
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
How I kept warm on a cold Thursday night.
One more thing about a snow day: those d-a-m Yankees make me crazy! They're always on the news saying, "This is nothing. Where I come from we're used to alot more snow. It's no big deal." Well, do you want all us Southerners on the roads attempting to drive?!? The police are telling us to stay home! We are law-abiding citizens - we stayed home. So there.
Posted by AbbieCRAZY at 8:10 AM