Friday, June 01, 2007

Piles Of Laundry Before I Sleep

I gotta write about this! BooMama has written about her weirdness with her pajamas. She believes in wearing clean pajamas every night - this seems crazy to me. I get the logic behind it but oh, the laundry! If you follow the logic of clean jammies every night, then why not clean sheets every night? Several people even commented on clean towels every morning. I get it - I just don't want to do the laundry associated with it.

One of my friends sleeps naked - is she making her sheets dirty every night? Maybe this is the way to go. There was an article in yesterday's paper that told us sleeping naked is more healthy. Oh, and you know, there's a website. I think that would work well with Dr. Oz's advice to engage in, shall we say, martial relations at least 4 times a week. You read that right, he says that's good for your health. Alrighty then.

So, what's your jammie situation? My is cooler is better - cotton is better and I don't want anything that tangles up in my legs. (My son would say, "TMI, mom.")

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Which leads me to an article I read about how much water we are wasting as a nation by this "clean clothes" fetish we have -- a CLEAN TOWEL every shower? Hello? Are you not simply getting the water off of your body after you cleaned it? How are you getting a towel dirty? (Yes, I understand about damp towels and living organisms, blah, blah, blah) ANYWAY -- we're not exactly a blue collar nation anymore, and few of us have occupations that lead us to require such levels of cleanliness for our sleep. Now, I admit that my showering habits are seasonal -- in the summer I don't want to go to bed sticky/sweaty and/or covered in "Off!", so I wash off (with a towel that may or may not have been used before) before I go to bed. But, yeah, I would love to know precisely how dirty BooMama believes herself to be getting her PJ's at night. But if clean jammies make her happy AND make her sleep better, I'm all for it -- and DO NOT make me sleep with stuff getting tangled up in my legs. Can't stand it.

Sarah said...

Of course, this is all coming from someone who has never been accused of being a clean freak...

HILARIOUS -- my 'word verfication' is: yrnkd... YOU'RE N*KED!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have also heard you should get new pillows,towels, and underwear every year. Sounds good but also a lot of shopping, lookin for just the right ones.

Roxanne said...

SERIOUSLY. . .new pillows, towels, AND underwear every year? The underwear wears out--and I guess I can sort of see it with the pillow unless you use a "liner thing" (which I do)--but towels?????

I have several comfy cotton nightshirts that I love. . .but very rarely do they come between me and my sheets. I don't want to be tangled around my legs OR anywhere else for that matter.

Use the same towels for about 4-5 days. I'm clean when I dry them off, then I hang them up.

Anonymous said...

Sleeping naked is underrated! Now that my youngest son has finally stopped getting up in the middle of the night to come snuggle in bed with us, maybe I could start this 'healthy practice?'

I will make sure our bedroom door is locked. Just in case.

soul and culture said...

Yes, I sleep the healthy way...