Monday, June 04, 2007

All Cleaned Up

I've been talking to Kenny about taking showers instead of baths. He seems old enough and (this is the mama talking) it's quicker. I had mentioned to him that at camp there would be only showers and he informed me that he just wouldn't bathe while he was there. I was reminded that my friend, Judy (I Almost Had A Blog Once) told me that was half the fun of camp. I'm glad I won't be around to see or smell him.


I did convince him that showers were good and fast and he took his first alone shower 2 nights ago. (I say alone - not a baby with his mommy or daddy.) He was taking one again tonight when I went to check on him. The door was open (of course) and I noticed him in the big mirror over the sink. I informed him that when we shower - we pull the curtain closed. I had left this out of the Shower Orientation Talk. I explained that that kept the floor dry.

He just grinned and said, "Oh." I said, "Get all your hair wet, son."

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

Well, I was beginning to think I was the only one with nine year old just learning how to shower alone. . .and for the same reason. Victoria is going to camp. I will be there teaching Bible class, but she will be in the bath house alone. Of course her showers won't be faster since she has thick, long hair. . .but she is so proud of herself!

Anne said...

Now that he is using the shower, you will have to teach him how to clean it too!

Sarah said...

A friend told me tonight that her boys' counselor @ L2L made all of his boys take a shower!! Let's request that guy!

We're all about the shower around here. Closing the shower curtain? Not so much...

AbbieCRAZY said...

I was thinking our boys should be with Sam. I'm pretty sure he owes us for singing on the Praise Team. Maybe this summer will be good for him - see how the other half lives.....

Nise' said...

Hi Denise, thanks for stopping by for a visit. Our grocery store was in Coopersville, MI and we live very, very close to Muskegon, Mi just a smidge south on the lake!

Tammy M. said...

Don't you know that at L2L they swim every day, boys count that as their daily cleansing. Girls on the other hand, take 2 showers, one as their daily shower, then the other to wash off the pool water and redo their hair.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Ahh, camp. That's the way of the camp world.....

Girls, twice a day. Boys, forced.

Of course, when I was a counselor I was likely to shower 3 times a day-just to cool off. But that was REAL camp.

Anonymous said...

At 12, Cade is showering before school. He likes to lay down in the shower, plug the tub and catch a few winks before the tub can fill with the shower. Soon you will all need bigger hot water heaters! I don't think anyone child has died from lack of showers.