Sunday, April 22, 2007

Let's Read Some More!


I've decided to begin another reading challenge. I know, I know - when do I ever have the time to read? Or blog? Or clean my house? Reading is one of those things that I need to do. I helps me to relax and opens up my mind to enter into someone else's world
This is the Utopoia/Dystopia Challenge and it hopes to encourage us to read books from the Utopia/Dystopia genre. Lisa at Books. Lists. Life. has come up with idea and I love this kind of book! I remember the first time I read Brave New World - so wonderfully fatalistic. So emotionally gripping - or leave your emotions in the Feely Chair.

So here's my list:

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley I can't wait to re-read it.
Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang - Kate Wilhelm This one sounds good. A book about a society of clones - love it!
The Road - Cormac McCarthy Orpahs's new choice for her Book Club. I bought it last week at the Evil Empire.
I would also like to get to The Giver. Several of the books listed were for pre-teens and teens. This is (apparently) rather popular. I can see Kenny wanting to read it soon. I thought I should keep ahead of him.

Join up friends! Summer's almost upon us and this would give you something for beside the pool. (I recommend The Handmaid's Tale. It's great, too!)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the Giver when I was in junior high. It was my favorite assigned reading. In fact, I was elected the class "Receiver."