Thursday, June 22, 2006

Reading is Fundamental

I'm trying to work into my reading some non-fiction. I've said previously that I'm a Fiction Girl - I love to get lost in a story. This summer I'm committing to read one non-fiction for every fiction book I read.

Sooooo.......
I read The Camel Club by David Baldacci and had trouble stopping to host Bunco. It's very topical fiction with conspiracy theories and international bad guys. The bad guys were both Middle Eastern and North Korean. It was a great read and I'm trying to get Jim to read it, too.


Now I'm in Better Off: Turning the Switch on Technology by Eric Brende. I found a blog site that is only book reviews. The blog writer's favorite books are some of my favorites, too, so I thought I could trust her opinions. I'm providing a link but bear in mind - they are HER opinions. In Better Off, the author is exploring the world without technology. He and his wife have moved to a small Amish (sort of) community to see how they could make it without modern tech. Good one.

Next is a fiction - I don't know what yet but I can't wait.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A world without technology...sounds like I would have to try a different carrer...

For your next book, you might try Micheal Chriton's State of Fear. It is the only fiction book I've ever read with that has footnotes to actual scientific articles that are cited in the book. Kind of a non-fiction/fiction book.