Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Fun Zone

Wal-Mart announced that they will soon be offering customers a new discount item: Wal-Mart's own brand of wine. "There is a market for inexpensive wine", said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing. She went on to say: "But the right name and presentation is important."

Customer surveys have been conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart brand.

The top 10 surveyed names in order of popularity are:
10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. White Trashfindel
8. Big Red Gulp
7. World Championship Riesling
6. NASCARbernet
5. Chef Boyardeaux
4. Peanut Noir
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. Grape Expectations
1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel). It will also be available in convenient 6-packs (aluminum cans or plastic bottles) or in 24-can cases. It will be presented in the same coolers and next to the beverages of choice that Wal-Mart's customers are already familiar with.

*****************************
This was sent to me and I loved it! Most of you know how much I HATE WAL-MART! I usually end up going there and I wanna kick myself every time....

4 comments:

Anthony Parker said...

We're staying with the Castlemans and I laughed 'til I cried as I read this to Amy.

Would it be vain boasting if I announced, here on your blog, that I have been back in the States for one month and have not yet darkened the door of a Walmart? I'm not saying that I won't, but I'm holding out for as long as possible. And I'm not too proud--I have been to Kmart 3 times, but at least they need my business.

Nicole said...

I just got back from the "other side" about 20 minutes ago. Do you notice that your kids turn into little urchins every time that you take them there. I can't stand it. It's like the place seeps into your body and soul and won't get out intil you leave. Yuck!

AbbieCRAZY said...

I love me a little Wal-Mart bashing!

Anonymous said...

I also hate wal-mart with a passion, but their prices are so much lower that I force myself to go there. When I just need a thing or two, and don't want to hassle with walmart, I'll go to Albertsons...and it is soooooooo nice. Never crowded, quiet, CLEAN. Then I get to the cash register & realize I've spent $50 on like 5 things. They really are way higher. So I guess that leaves me with walmart. UGH