I often have people ask me about my blogging. I thought it was time to share some of my secrets.
- I use Bloglines! I started Bloglines awhile back and it has made blogging so much easier and quicker! I list all the blogs I'm currently reading and they are highlighted when the blog as a new post. I don't have to open a blog page only to discover that the same post is there from last week. You can read the post on bloglines page or open up the blog page. I usually open the page - I like to read off of people's own templates. This also allows me to comment if I want to. It's free (Karene) and yall should all subscribe. I've included a bloglines button on the right side of my template so you can link it from there whenever you're ready.
- I don't comment all the time. That's right - I'm one of those people. I may read a blog all the time and never comment. I may read yours and never write a comment. I love yall more than my luggage but time isn't always on my side.
- I write first. On the days that I know I'm writing a post - I write first. If an email has to go out, I write first. If I start with my blogs, then I may not have time to write. Write first.
- I blog early. Now, during the summer, I usually blog about 7:00 before the kids get up. I have a cup of coffee and I get up to refill and go potty. Yes, I do come back here to read during the day and the children generally follow me (I'm the Pipe Piper, follow me.) These I try to keep to snatches. Don't ask my kids if I'm on the computer all the time - I'm sure they think I am.
- I consider this a hobby. I happens to be a hobby that I share with lots of people and talk about alot but a hobby none the less. It puts a different perspective on it for me - I don't know how to explain it.
- I edit. This is important! I always reread my posts and edit. Add here, take away there, put in the word I forgot earlier, clarify sentences and attempt to have some grammatical structure. I check the spelling with spell check and go to Dictionary.com if I need to. I have read some non-editors and it can get to be too had to understand - take too long to read. I know it takes time but I know it makes a difference.
Those are my little tips. Please feel free to comment and add your own. None of us want our hobby to over take our lives!! Or do we? (cue scary laugh)