Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Well, There You Go Again!

I'm finally sitting down to write about our Tuesday afternoon....

I was on the computer (of course,) Jim was painting the foyer, and the kids were watching Disney Channel. A pretty regular afternoon with the addition of Jim. Suddenly there was a loud bam and Abbie started crying, screaming - like in pain. Not the whiney sound I just heard when Kenny wouldn't play her game correctly. I jumped up in time to see Jim holding her and saying that she had fallen. We went into the bathroom and looked at a 2 inch long gash over her left eye. Jim applied pressure while I came back here and published The Wedding article. I told Kenny to put on his sandals and I drove us to the doctor's office. Jim held her in his lap where she fell asleep! It was about 4:15 and I wasn't about to pay though the wazoo for another trip to the ER.

They put us right into the Procedure Room and the nurse quickly cleaned it up. We waited about 15 minutes to see the doctor and I left. Kenny and I went into the waiting room so I wouldn't see the needles or hear the screaming. We were done by 5:20. She had 8 stitches put in. I haven't seen them yet. I have the whillies just thinking about it. I waited all night for her to start hurting and crying but she never did. Today she's been fine.

We don't know what happened. She can't seem to remember. I think she dozed off fell into the entertainment center.

4 comments:

Anthony Parker said...

Blessings to you Abbie and to you!

Bonne guerison! (Good healing!)

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that.It's a bad scene. Love you both.

Tammy M. said...

Poor little punkin' head! She sure looked cute in her purple bandaid at church. I didn't realize she had stitches under it!

Anonymous said...

Oh...yet another thing I can't imagine about being a parent...Glad Jim was home to help you! Glad she's OK!