Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Wedding

I've been thinking about the wedding.... I know some of you want the REAL story of Margaret & Rusty's wedding. I can't be too mean because these are people I love. Margaret and I have been friends since 1990 and Abbie is named after her (Abigail Margaret.) Rusty's new to us but he made my children laugh so he can't be all bad. So with that in mind....

The pastor (Methodist church) was super young. He must have just gotten out of seminary! There were lots of prayers- not that there's anything wrong with that! But he seemed to pray every 2 minutes. There was a cool blessing by the pastor at the end. I liked that. I kept Kenny entertained by trying to figure out the stained glass windows. Ours had a large bush and I couldn't figure out the story. Any guesses? It turned out they were labeled and all parables. What was it?

There was great food. My son pouted when I made made him walk in line at the buffet. He only wanted the shrimp. They were grilled and on skewers with bell peppers and sausages. Kenny ate about 10 but only the shrimp. He left everything else on the plate. I offered every other food but that was all he was interested in. Okay, maybe the chocolate fountain. The DJ started the dancing with "Sweet Home Alabama." You can't go wrong with that!! Abbie was out on the dance floor going to town!! She was hilarious.
All the grown moms were out there shaking their groove thing! It was happening.

5 comments:

soul and culture said...

Great summary of the wedding. And I must say that I did laugh when the little pastor called Rusty "Dr. Foushee" at one point.

Anne said...

Any video of you shakin' your groove thang?

AbbieCRAZY said...

There is TONS of video! Apparently the video guy thought Abbie was funny and I was dancing with her part of the time

Anonymous said...

OK, so Wade is young, but not THAT young.... 'little pastor'...ha ha ha ha ha...I've going to have to send this to him... I'm going to ask him how young he really is and publish it here!!

soul and culture said...

I should also say that the reception was loads of fun!