Monday, April 24, 2006

My Blessings

I often wish that my children liked each other - they seem to fight all the time! This morning we went to play at the playground and they played together. There were lots of other children there and lots to do but they ended up together, playing hide and seek. Kenny was even leading Abbie around by the hand and making something up for them to pretend. It made me cry it was so sweet.

Now they are both into Mr. Rogers - after Kenny complained about it. Mr. Rogers is just very low-key and he doesn't seem to fit into our fast-paced 21st century. I'm thinking that my 2-year-olds at school would love him!

Father, thank you for the blessing of my 2 wonderful children. Thank you for showing me a future where they love each other. Praise you for loving them more than I do.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sometimes I tell myself that my children must love each other -- only people that you love can drive you THAT crazy, right? I'm so thankful for those moments that come in 27 second intervals when they can be friends!

I still love Mr. Rogers. The world misses him and we don't even know it.

Jessica said...

Megan can be so sweet to all of the little ones at church...except her own sister. I have often asked why they can't get along. There are times they surprise me...but they are few and far between. I guess they do better than my brothers and I did...there wasn't a day we didn't pound on each other.

Anne said...

I am experiencing a piece of the joy as I watch Natalie hug and kiss and love all over Levi! I know there will be lots of sibling fighting in the Jones family future, but for now, I am savoring the moments!

Tammy M. said...

Mr. Rogers now there is a man who I used to have an obsession with. My mom would tell me when I was little that I was seriously obsessed with his show. You know when Rainman has to have a TV with him at all times to watch his favorite shows, I think that when I was a little girl, I had an internal time clock and I knew when Mr. Rogers was supposed to be on TV. I believe my mother went to great lengths to help me get my Mr. Rogers fix each and every week day. Didn't you just love when the train came into his living room then went to the fantasyland....