Sunday, April 30, 2006

Saturday in the Park


I've been reading and I can't stop! I'm on page 605 and still have 300 or so to go before I'm done. It consumes all my free time! A Breath of Snow and Ashes - Will Claire find Jamie? Will Roger kill Stephen Bonnett? Will Bree EVER get pregnant again? Who killed Malva Christie and why was she so evil? When, oh when, will Ian ever find another true love?

We did go to the Zoo yesterday for Earth Day. The picture shows a cool feature from the Abilene Zoo - a bridge over the giraffes. You can walk over and feed the giraffes out of your hand. It seemed that everyone had some rye cracker that the zoo sells to feed the animals. It's kinda sad to me that they are treated like pets. I even saw one boy chasing one of the peacocks and I commented, out loud, that if he was bitten it would serve him right! It's hard for me to go there - there's not a lot of natural habitat. At least there's no polar bears in the West Texas heat!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

It must have been the 4th of July!

I don't know if I have the stamina to start reading a 1,000 page book! Yikes. Just tell me how it turns out!