Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Books, Books, Books


It's Here! We are being encouraged to make a list of our reading for this spring - starting today!
What will it be? Romance, Business, Biography, Classic, Religion...? Have you given it any thought? Have you decided what your family should be reading? That's tougher for me - my hubby never follows my suggestions. He reads his books and I read mine. Kenny has just started the 6th Harry Potter book. He reads it with one of us every night.
I have a extensive list on Amazon that I will probably add to when I see what everyone else is reading but these are some of my favorites.
So on with the list!
Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamont - I expect to finish this soon. I'm actually reading it concurrently with Walk in the Woods (oops!) I'll probably pick up another of hers soon.
The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas - Not an author I usually read by I saw this on someone else's blog and it sounded funny. I like funny.
The Twentieth Wife by Indu Sundaresa - My mom read this and loved it. Sounds good.
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller - I've had this on my list for awhile - sounds interesting.
Water for Elephants by Sara Greun - fiction
Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali - autobiograpghy of a Somali Muslim
That's all for now. I will try to make it though these by June 21. Go over to Callapidder Days and check out her Mr. Linky to see what every one else has on their list....

13 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm glad you're part of the challenge, Denise! Your list looks really good -- varied and interesting! I haven't read Traveling Mercies, but I have read some other books by Anne Lamott and enjoyed them. Have fun reading!

Karen said...

Blue Like Jazz is good... even better is Miller's Searching for God Knows What.

TaunaLen said...

I've heard a lot about Blue Like Jazz. I may have to borrow it from my daughter. Great list! Hope you enjoy the challenge.

~TaunaLen

Katie said...

I've heard Anne Lamott is smartly funny, I'll have to pick up Travelling Mercies.

Lisa said...

Blue Like Jazz stays checked out at Harding. Another one you might like is Velvet Elvis. Good luck!

Deena Peterson said...

Blue Like Jazz rocks your world...and that's a good thing! Haven't read any other books by Miller, but I enjoyed that one.

Susanne said...

Blue like Jazz has been recommended by several bloggers I know. Your list looks good. Happy reading.

Nise' said...

It's been fun checking out everyone's reading lists. Several have Water for Elephants on their lists. I will keep that one in mind when I read everyone's reviews.

Anthony Parker said...

I guess I'll be reading whatever is on the required list for my course this summer!

Could you update my link to http://journal.albanychurch.net ?

We're coming to the seminar Saturday. Will we see you?

Anonymous said...

Great list! I'm looking forward to your review on The Twentieth Wife. Happy reading! =)

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by your list. Hope you have time to review these, because I am so interested. Blue Jazz is supposed to be good, better add it to my year list, eh?

alisonwonderland said...

i loved Traveling Mercies! i just saw that she has a new one out too - Grace (Eventually).

happy reading!

Alexis said...

Hi there... I haven't read any of these books, but I'll sure have to look them up! Happy reading!!!