Thursday, August 02, 2007

Our Civil Duty

Weird thing at our house.

Jim had Jury Duty on Monday. He had to be at the courthouse early and then sit for about 1 hour. Then they told him to go home and come back on Tuesday. Apparently the wheels of justice didn't need Jim on Monday. On Tuesday, he stood in the hallway for another hour, the bailiff then came out and told all the "jurors" that court was in a 20 minute recess. They hadn't realized court was in session. After another hour, they were sent home. Thank you for your public service.

Guess who has jury duty next Monday? Yep. Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you can get out of jury duty if you have children under the age of 10 that you are responsible for. You just circle that option on the card they sent you & send it back. I get called for jury duty atleast a couple of times a year, and I've never once done it. So, if I were you, that's what I'd do! =)

Anna

Anonymous said...

My civic duty is scheduled for the 3rd week in August. It is a pain to go to downtown Ft Worth so I'm gonna check into the train. I think that will take me pretty close to the courthouse.

Ann F

Erica said...

I would almost pay money to be on a jury with you:) I am sure you will get off though. Rarely do I hear of anyone having to serve.

I will be thinking of you next Monday:)