Sunday, August 03, 2008

Where's Your Nose?

I've been told to write something.....

I was recently introduced as "our reader." I do read alot but I think everybody else does, too. It's strange to me that someone wouldn't read. I read novels, memoirs, the occasional non-fiction, the newspaper, magazines (that reminds me to get Time - I saw it's cover was 100 Olympians to Watch,) Yahoo news stories and the Bible.

I'm even in a Chunkster Challenge and I just saw that I need to pick up The Blind Assassin to finish out my four titles.

The question I hear all the time is "When do you have time to read?" I don't know. Always before falling asleep. Usually when I'm getting ready in the mornings. During commercials. During boring Boy TV (it's Ice Road Truckers right now.) If the book's good, all day. I will have to pull myself away from the book to fix dinner, wash clothes, and work on my computer.

So, yes, I have a book going. I just finished TV Guide (I love Mad Men and it was on the cover) and the Sunday paper.

What about it? What are you reading now? I'm trying to get to The Shack........

7 comments:

Tammy M. said...

What am I reading. Still not ready to move on from Same Kind of Different and The Shack. Spent quite a bit of time today in my bible trying to catch up on my bible study for class today...finished it!!

Sarah said...

I'm reading a great book -- you would love it. 'These Is My Words'. It's a fictitious journal of a young lady in the 1880's on a wagon train. They got to San Angelo, Texas, after weeks on the road, in time for her daddy to die of a heart attack. So they turned right around and went back. It's fascinating -- and makes me SO thankful that wasn't my life!

I do recommend the 2 Tammy mentioned. Just finished "Twelve Mighty Orphans" -- amazing and inspirational. I guess I read non-fiction more than fiction. Yeah, I read -- but you make time for it more than anybody I know. And I think it's GREAT!

Megster said...

Let see I am into three serieses at the moment, Lord of the Rings (been working on that for over a year), Artemis Fowl, and The inheritance cycle (Eragon), and my cousin wants me to start twilight, but I think I need to finish a series first.

lisa b said...

I'm reading The Shack right now. I would've loved to just pick it up and read through it in a day, but I haven't had a whole day to set aside because of the need to wrap up my last projects for grad school.

I'm also reading Lead Like Jesus by Ken Blanchard (for a class). Is it bad that I don't like it? I hope not.

Next on the list is Twilight. My girls and several student workers have been badgering me about it and then the book club chose it too. After that, I will finally start getting through my LONG list of fiction that has piled up during the two years of grad school.

Where do you find your reading challenges? I'd like to promote those on my blog too! :-)

Teresa C said...

I just finished the Shack today, it's a must read in my opinion. My other favorite read of the summer was Same Kind of Different as Me. Both books were gifts, and they were gifts from friends who loved them. I plan on gifting both of those myself soon, great reads!!!!

Unknown said...

Well.... I just finished A Red State of Mind: How a Catfish Queen Reject Became a Libery Belle. It's by a former high school friend from Tennessee who talks about the differences in the north and the south. She highlights her time growing up in Tennessee, moving to Manhattan, Ithaca, NY, Kentucky, Philadelphia, and then back to Tennessee. Very humerous!

I am currently reading John Grisham's non-fiction The Innocent Man. LOVE IT! Read 200 pages the first night.

Sarah said...

P.S. It occurs to me that you are able to read during commercials and 'boy TV' because you are the only person on the planet who watches TV with EVERY. LIGHT. IN. THE. HOUSE. ON. Yeah. We don't do lights and TV here. No reading/ watching. One or the other, in or out, make your choices, woman!