Saturday, August 09, 2008

Reviews for You

I took my little daughter to see Mamma Mia. Oh, I was worried about the questions that might arise..... My sweet little thing will tell you that everybody is married and Sofia (from the movie) has a mama and daddy. Tammy told me not to answer everything so directly and I haven't.

What a great movie! I've seen it twice and Mimi wants to go see it, too. I'm looking forward to the 3rd viewing.... Maybe a crowd of singing and dancing women? Wanna come?

I also went with the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks - one of the theatres here had summer movie showings for the kids. Let me just say, I was checking my watch! Oy! That movie was long and boring. I mean I knew (everybody over 4 knew) what was going to happen - just finish it!

Also I bought Stargate's Continuum - a feature-length movie straight to DVD for us crazies. It was terrific! I love me some time travel (yall knew that) and it's a time travel story. I'll never forget watching Somewhere In Time at Harding - I would ponder the penny and cry every time. For any Stargate fan, it's a must see.

Jim and I also rented Vantage Point and liked it. It was good especially for just renting or NetFlex for all yall that do that sort of thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Denise -

I keep up with your posts all the time, but haven't commented lately.

But, this one . . . Tom and I saw Mamma Mia a couple of weekends ago and I LOVED it! Tom liked it, too, which I was happy about.

I've always loved ABBA, and this was so much fun and made me want to dance!

Cheers & Blessings to you all today!

Dee

Holly said...

Arthur bought Star Gate for me the day it came out. It was great!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the movie but I saw Mamma Mia the musical a couple of years ago when it was in Dallas. One of the best musicals I've been to in a while.

Ann

Susan said...

Girl,

I'm finally into blogging and you aren't writing as much! I miss your crazy humor. (No pressure, though.:)