Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Her Daddy's Daughter

I have beautiful everyday china. I chose these plates after great debate. Of course, Jim wasn't with me when I chose them - Margaret was. I was older and understood that my sweet hubby didn't care what the plate looked like. He also didn't care about linens or towels. He's that kind of guy.


I remember trying not to choose my pattern. I was worried it was too busy and I would tire of it quickly. All the other girls were going with all white at the time and these were/are very colorful. But I haven't tired of them - they can still make me smile.

Wedgwood Eden

The other day I pulled down my salad plate to have my breakfast on - like I always do. Except that day I noticed a crack. The crack was almost invisible and covered half the plate. I was lamenting the crack to myself and Abbie - because she was next to me. She squinted at the crack and said,

"Oh, you can just put a little duct tape on that."


5 comments:

When I'm 64 said...

Hilarious! Laughed out loud!

Also, thanks. Feeling the blog love. tee hee!

Tammy M. said...

That Abbers.

Teresa C said...

That is too cute! What a daddy's girl.

Allison Connor said...

I am cracking up!!! She is so cute!! We will miss you this weekend! Have fun with the girls!

Susan said...

I have an award for you over at my place.