Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day

I so appreciate everyone asking about my dad - I'm feelin' the love. Daddy went home from the hospital yesterday at about 1:00. I talked with him at 5:30 and he still seemed pretty tired out. He told me that getting home "about wore him out." My parents house in on a hill and the only way to get in is to climb a flight of stairs or go up a hill and then 4 stairs - I was worried it might be a little much for him.

As I have said before, I'm so thankful that my brothers are close. My sweet sister-in-law, Kathy, actually brought him home. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

********************************************
Funny thing: This morning I took Kenny to get donuts - he's been bugging me for a week! We went to the Jack-n-Jill on Judge Ely and saw a group of high school boys leaving. They were getting in their church van with the two men who were apparently chaperones. Kenny (reading their t-shirts) said it was some sort of camp. Then Kenny informed me that one of the boys was using the building next to the donut shop as a urinal. EWWW!
This lead to a discussion of how tacky that was, how it didn't represent that young man very well, and how he didn't represent his church very well. Teachable Moments - they're everywhere.....
FYI: AM Donuts is closed for the 4th of July.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad your dad is doing well!

FYI -- the new "Donut Palace" is open for the 4th of July! Woo-hoo!

Tammy M. said...

Glad your dad is doing well.

Anonymous said...

glad Thurman is doing well!
Tom and I went to Starbucks this am. We then went and tried the donut palace. Made me want to wrap a special tree with donuts!