Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Tattoo Wedding

This one was a few months back...
It seemed that everyone in the wedding had a tattoo. One of the bridesmaids had a large butterfly on her upper back that was visible (of course) in her bridesmaid dress. The bride's tattoo was on her ankle and I wasn't close enough to see her design. This is a problem with old age - you can't see the tattoos.
Then there was the music. The groom and minister walked in to "The Hammer of Krum." I had no idea what this was either. It turns out that this music is from "Conan, The Barbarian." It did sound like some barbarian music lots of banging timpani. The recessional is usually when the bridal couple REALLY express themselves so it's usually quirky or funny. I didn't know this song, something by the Pretenders, but on the my 2nd hearing I perked up. Did he just sing "hell?" I think he did sing "hell." He sang "hell." So do I make these people pull the song at the rehearsal? Do we have a curse word in our building, over the sound system? How bad does the cuss word have to be before we pull the song? One f-word, two?
I let it pass. I heard no more cursing on the song. I have since mentioned to the brides that the music should be without swearing.

6 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I am trying to remember whose wedding that was. I am certain I was there, but can't remember whose it was. Another sign of old age. I didn't hear hell in the song, but I think that you have those raised in the cofc ears that perk up and notice stuff I don't.

Sarah said...

I think a recessional song without swearing is a good guideline to go by. I will write that down for Ashley's future wedding planning book.

I'm pretty sure the word 'hell' has been used inside that building before, though. So, we could let that one slide due to it's religious connotation. I feel certain I was NOT at the tattoo wedding. Call me next time! :-)

Steve said...

So did the wedding planner borrow one of Kenny's temporary tattoo's for the wedding? I am dying to know. :)

AbbieCRAZY said...

Aahh, temporary tattoos. They are another blog altogether.

Anonymous said...

To think I was just hard pressed to find a CofC I could get married in that I could have any music at at all (we were married outside)

Holly

Anonymous said...

We'll be sure to avoid both tattoos and hell at our wedding!! Hopefully we'll also avoid FOB, MOB, MOG, and any other potential meltdowns! Open to any and all suggestions from my wedding director friend.