Saturday, October 04, 2008

Things I've Learned Lately

  1. DVRs are cool. I like that I can go back and watch the part I missed. OnDemand is another nifty thing - the kids just discovered Kenny the Shark. It's a cartoon from Discovery Kids.
  2. There were 5 break-ins in my neighborhood yesterday. They came in during the day when most people are at work. Well, except for the guy who stepped out of the shower and ran them off. Apparently they didn't "run" either. Brazen!
  3. That people who shop at Dittos for Kiddos can be rude. I have to learn this again and again.
  4. My social worker friends have taught me that the working poor need to be cut some slack. They have to bring their children with them wherever they go, like Dittos.
  5. Kids learning to read is sweet. I'm learning this again with Abbie.
  6. I'm used to running things my own way. Sharing responsibility is hard for me.
  7. I miss my friends when I have to work all the time.
  8. Some women have husbands that don't talk nice to them. I overheard a guy berating his wife because it was Picture Day at school and she forgot to fill out the form. You know I wanted to say, "It's Picture Day - grab your own camera.'
  9. Cell phone conversations are not private. (see above)
  10. Turn off said cell phone at the dentist - it will ring. That isn't a good time to talk.
  11. So many of the kids that go to school with our kids come from a totally different life style. It breaks my heart and scares me at the same time.
  12. My hubby both laugh at loud at the TV show Life.
  13. It's difficult to maintain a blog and work all the time.

7 comments:

lisa b said...

I can ditto number 13!!!!

Unknown said...

Number 13 is exactly why I can never see myself having one!

Anonymous said...

True so true on number 13! I'm going for a walk now, it's a gorgeous October Saturday and it won't get dark for another hour.
I think I'll bring the camera.

Susan said...

I know it's hard to maintain a blog, but I love to hear what is on your mind. Thanks for posting.

About When I'm 64 blog, no, I haven't run out of stories, the emotional well is just a bit dry on that one lately...

Donna Ware said...

I am with you on Number 7. I miss my friends when I work all the time!

Suzanne said...

I love this list and totally agree with number 13 as well.

Tammy M. said...

Kenny the Shark was on Saturday mornings, I always watched it, loved the sense of humor. I am talking about last year, not when I was a kid. It just happened to be on the t.v. one Saturday morning and after that I was hooked.