Monday, September 01, 2008

Time For A Competition


We had an informational meeting (yep, another meeting. Why are there so many meetings?) about Praise Team for the school year. There were alot of college kids there that I didn't recognize and several adult members that having been singing - so that was great! It's one way to use the talents that the LORD has given us!

At the meeting we were told that we would be auditioning again, it made some folks a little nervous, of course. We were also asked to prepare a song to sing alone. Now you know, I sang "Hard Candy Christmas" for the last Christmas audition I had. One of my friends didn't approve. Surprise.


Jim suggested "You Can Eat Crackers In My Bed Anytime" - it's been going around our house for awhile due to Abbie eating...... You get the idea.


I actually heard it on the radio (KEAN - our truck music) and it was much faster than I remember it.


Okay. It's actually supposed to be a Jesus song and I'm looking for suggestions. So why not have a contest!!


Who can come up with the best song for me to sing (solo) at my Praise Team audition? I'll take any suggestions seriously but I may still laugh at them. Anybody can make a suggestion and I'll give out a prize for playing. Or maybe 2 or 3 prizes.


Go for it!! What song can you come up with?

11 comments:

Megster said...

Hallelujah Chorus

Anonymous said...

After last weekend in San Antonio, I think "Behold the Cross" would be fresh on your mind!

Donna Ware said...

Are you kidding!? "Love Shack" has been your theme song for sooo long. You could change the words to be a praise song--I know you have it in you.

I didn't know about the solo audition. Yikes! that is sooo not my comfort zone. You will have to come up with a song for me.

Hey, do you think the new chorus that we taped on Sarah's phone will work for our solo. I know it was a duet, but maybe they would go for it.

Donna Ware said...

Okay, I just read Megan suggested The Hallelujah Chorus. Yep, that is the one you should sing.

Unknown said...

Circle Up!

Tammy M. said...

Mansion over the Hilltop, that's your favorite right?

For reals, I love to hear you sing Blessed Be Your Name.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Jim has suggested "Keep Me Trucking For The Lord"....

Not enough imput yet....

Anonymous said...

Denise, I'm with Tammy M. Sing Blessed Be Your Name. Love you,
Donna Altman

Anonymous said...

Blue skies and rainbows (wink, wink)

Susan said...

Yep. I'm with Donna. Auditions are soooo out of my comfort zone.

I remember waaay back in the 70's or 80's we were watching the Brecheen/Faulkner Marriage Enrichment series at our church. The Wednesday night we watched the Sex topic tape, the song leader got up after the tape and - - HONEST TO GOODNESS - - said, "Let's all turn to page 263 and sing "Why Not Tonight!"

You can guess that NOBODY could sing. Soo, if you sing that, I'll be in your corner, cutie!

Anonymous said...

Days of Elijah would be the best! I know you LOVE it.